Backyard Biology: Exploring Plants and Animals Around You - Online after-school class
By the end of class: Students will have created a map on the iNaturalist app, including all the local wildlife they've discovered.
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update it immediately.
- Would you like to discover the hidden worlds of life around you, right in your neighborhood?
- Course objectives:
- Learn about social insects and local plant life
- Improve your plant and animal identification skills
- Learn how to do research and data gathering through citizen science projects
- Discover how plants and animals are all connected in the living world
- Skills developed: Global awareness, research, collaboration, photography, plant and animal identification
- By the end of class: Students will have created a map on the iNaturalist app, including all the local wildlife they've discovered.
- Materials needed: Writing materials, access to a camera and the iNaturalist app, coloring materials, ruler, paper
- About the class: Classes meet once a week for five weeks. Each class meeting will last 75 minutes.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.