Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update it immediately.
Songwriting is one of the most powerful ways to turn our emotions into art. In this course young songwriters will come up with ideas and expand on them by practicing writing exercises for lyric development, exploring different song structures, and learning about basic arrangement techniques. Students will explore the artists, places, and moments that inspire them musically, and together we will build confidence in our ability to grow and create as songwriters.
Students will learn:
- How to begin expanding an idea into a song
- Writing exercises to help generate ideas and work through writer’s block
- How to collaborate with others when songwriting
- How to critically listen to the music we love and use it for inspiration
- Basic song structures and how they relate to the song idea
- Polishing lyrics from a writing standpoint
- Confidence in their own ability to grow and create as songwriters
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.