Fort Pitt Homeschool Series
*The event has already taken place on this date: Fri, 09/04/2020
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email email@example.com so we can update it immediately.
Monthly classes are offered for students in grades 4-6 and 7-8 and include topics in early Pittsburgh and American history, the environment, and modern-day Pittsburgh.
BRIDGES OVER THE POINT
For students in grades 7-8:
- Students will learn about both former and current bridges that cross the Point.
- Students will learn about basic bridge designs.
- Students will work in groups to design and construct original bridges to span a specified distance and test each bridge’s load bearing capability.
The cost for the Friday at the Forks Homeschool Series is $10 per student per class or $60 per student for all seven classes in that age group. Payment is due at registration.
Full refunds will be issued to registrants when notice of absence is given at least 10 days prior to the scheduled class. Registrants that give notice nine days prior to the class or less will be refunded 50% of their registration.
Registrants that purchase the $60 package are entitled to one free class absence. Following that absence, registrants will adhere to the above refund policy.
If a class is cancelled due to lack of registrations, registrants will be notified and issued full refunds.
ADDITIONAL CLASSES IN THE FORKS OF THE OHIO HOMESCHOOL SERIES
- A Couple of Bucks – Feb. 7
- Clean Water for the Point – March 13
- Three Sisters Gardening – April 17
- Insect Investigations at the Point – Sept. 11
- Simple Machines – Oct. 2
- Fall Colors at the Point – Nov. 13
- Mr. Dunmore’s Neighborhood – Dec. 11
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.