Quarantine Coding Camp
*The event has already taken place on this date: Fri, 08/28/2020
Quarantine Coding Club is a chance to explore coding with the guidance of skilled instructors that can provide real-time feedback.
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email email@example.com so we can update it immediately.
- Join us and learn new coding skills every weekday. Our flexible, self-paced curriculum allows you to join on the days that work best for you.
- With an average 1:8 teacher to student ratio, our expert Coding Coaches deliver interactive, personalized, interdisciplinary experiences to kids, teens, and young adults at home while we all shelter-in-place together.
- Using Quarantine Credits, sign up for any 1-hr session that fits your schedule; there will be different skills and topics covered each day. You can join us for multiple 1-hr sessions back-to-back!
- Our Quarantine Coding Club is great for coders of all skill levels from Kindergarten through 10th grade. Our goal is to make learning coding fun while we're all stuck at home.
Coding Club Subjects Currently Available
- Coding for Harry Potter & Mario Fans: Build your own adventure based Harry Potter or Mario games. Mario fans will earn special Mario game design badges, and vice versa for Harry Potter fans! Tech requirements for this topic includes installing software in advance. Information will be emailed to you.
- Endless Runner Game: Students will use a typed coding language to code and customize a multi-staged game in the style of Temple Run and Super Mario Run. Students can theme their game with provided Mario, Harry Potter, or Star Wars assets complete with items to collect and things to avoid. Students will use an online coding editor. No installation needed.
- Coding with Scratch: Our Coding Coaches will guide your children through a variety of projects using the Scratch programming language.
- Coding for Minecraft & Pokemon Fans: Learn how to build survival-style video games with other kids who love these video games! Tech requirements for this topic includes installing software in advance. Information will be emailed to you.
- 3D Exploration: The magic of turning code into an immersive 3D world is something that only coders will ever experience. Students will learn a programming language for designing and customizing interactive worlds that they can walk (or fly!) through.
- Coding for Marvel, Fortnite, & Star Wars Fans: Build battle arena-style games with characters from your favorite games and movies! Share the games you make with your new coding friends. Tech requirements for this topic includes installing software in advance. Information will be emailed to you.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.
The event has already taken place on this date:
$8-$15/hour depending on how many hours of camp you purchase