Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update it immediately.
Shredding 101 is not just an introductory course. If you are already a seasoned player, it will redefine everything you know about the guitar to give you a better understanding of the instrument. If you’re a beginner, you will also be able to improve tremendously over the length of the course. The goal of this course is to successfully elevate your playing to the next level with the least amount of stress possible. We will tackle and demystify difficult concepts so you can have enough confidence to shred.
We will learn:
- Music theory basics
- How to solo
- Proper technique and common mistakes
- Power chords, their origin, and why they’re important
- Open chords, their origin, and why they’re important
- How to have confidence on stage
- Basic guitar care (changing strings, troubleshooting issues)
- Emphasis on what YOU want to accomplish in 6 weeks
- Natural harmonics, hammer-ons, pull-offs
- Guitar tricks
- Pedal basics
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.