Techlab: Oceans Virtual Camp
*The event has already taken place on this date: Fri, 07/24/2020
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update it immediately.
Rising 3rd to 5th Grade Classes
Participants entering grades 3 - 5 will complete activities in each of the following four learning areas. Scouts can apply what they learn towards advancements or Adventures. We will be happy to help match what is covered to any organizations requirements for advancement if you can provide the advancement information to us.
Track 1 - currently offered during the online Summer Session
- Toy Design - design your own toys using TinkerCAD, simple machines, found objects to bring their creations to life. Supplies for this exploration will be included in the supply box. Cub Scouts members will earn Bear Make it Move and NOVA Swing
- Robotics/Electronics - use electronics and engineering to create your own inventions and games. You will then use their electronics skills to build their own walking robot. Supplies for this exploration will be included in the supply box. Cub Scouts members will earn Bear Robotics and Webelos Game Design
- Digital Media/Art - use digital cameras (you will need to have and help get the images onto a computer) online programs and various mediums to create photographic works of Art. Supplies for this exploration will be included in the supply box. Cub Scouts members will earn Art Explosion
- Environment (E-STEAM) - learn about amazing animals and plants that make the ocean home and explore and share your local ecosystems. Supplies for this exploration will be included in the supply box. Cub Scouts members will earn Cirtter Care, NOVA Wild (Partial) and Into the Wild.
In Track 1 registered Cub Scouts will complete the following:
- Bears - Make it Move, NOVA Swing, Robotics, NOVA Wild (Partial), Critter Care
- Webelos - Engineer, Swing, Into the Wild, NOVA Wild, Art Explosion, Game Design
Track 2 - Currently offered in the online Summer Sessions
- Physics of Light and Sound - Explore how light and sound make our world exciting and learn to use electronics and instruments as your work with classmates to form a online band.
- Programming - learn to program in Scratch and amaze your friends with your own a game or app.
- Movie Making - use your digital camera and online programming to create your own movie about your life during this unusual time.
- Geology - learn about how the earth was formed, go out to hunt for geodes and learn about all the impressive rocks and minerals found on the Earth.
In Track 2 registered Cub Scouts will complete the following:
- Bears - World of Sound, NOVA Cub Scouts can Code, NOVA Down and Dirty, Movie Making
- Webelos - Engineer, NOVA Cub Scouts can Code, Earth Rocks, NOVA Down and Dirty, Art Explosion (Partial)
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.